步子百科步子百科

envelope什么意思(用英文教宝宝给圣诞老人写信)

作者:小雅和英美友人

◆ 乖宝宝才能收到圣诞老人的什意思用圣诞礼物,“乖”怎么说地道?

◆ 在美国,英文信箱上的教宝小红旗是干什么用的?

◆ Envelope-信封的en发 [en] 还是 [ɑ:n] 的音?

Letter to Santa 给圣诞老人的信

Mom: How was school today?

妈妈:今天在学校怎么样?

Child: School was great.

宝宝:挺好的。

My friend Luke told me that he wrote a letter to Santa Claus this weekend.

我的老人朋友卢克跟我说,周末他给圣诞老人写信了。写信

美式英语中,什意思用圣诞圣诞老人叫Santa Claus,英文简称Santa;英式英语中,教宝圣诞老人叫Father Christmas。老人

Can I do that?

我能写吗?

Mom: Of course you can.

妈妈:当然可以。写信

I picked up some new stationery today.

我今天买了一些新的什意思用圣诞信纸。

(1) Pick up字面意思是英文取,但这里指的教宝是去商店买。(2) Stationery既是老人高质量文具的统称,也可以指精美的写信信纸。

We can use that.

咱们可以用它。

This paper has snowflakes on it,

这张上面有雪花,

and this paper has reindeer on it.

然后这张上面有驯鹿。

Which one would you like?

你想要哪个?

Child: I think Santa would like the reindeer.

宝宝:我觉得圣诞老人应该会喜欢驯鹿。

Mom: Okay, here you go.

妈妈:好的,给你。

Now, what do you want to say in your letter?

那你想在信里说点儿什么?

Child: I want a new bike.

宝宝:我想要一辆新的自行车。

Mom: Well, we should probably start the letter with a salutation, like "Dear Santa".

妈妈:嗯,我们写信应该从称呼开始,比如“亲爱的圣诞老人”。

Child: Okay. What else do I write?

宝宝:好的。我还写点什么呢?

Mom: Maybe tell Santa a little bit about you.

妈妈:比如告诉圣诞老人一些关于你自己的事情。

How old are you?

你多大了?

What hobbies do you have?

你有什么爱好?

Why do you want a new bike?

你为什么想要一辆新的自行车?

Child: I can do that.

宝宝:好的。

Mom: Good.

妈妈:真棒。

And be sure to thank Santa for reading your letter

另外一定要感谢圣诞老人读你的信,

and giving you such nice gifts in the past.

还有以前送给你这么多好礼物。

Child: Okay. What do I write at the end?

宝宝:好的。我在结尾写点什么呢?

Mom: At the end of your letter,

妈妈:在信的结尾,

you write a closing, like "Love, David."

你要写一个落款,比如“爱你的,大卫。”

Child: I'm done!

宝宝:我写完了!

(儿童文字,有拼写和语法错误,请勿作为模版)

Mom: Good. Will you read it to me?

妈妈:真好。你能给我读读吗?

Child: Dear Santa,

宝宝:亲爱的圣诞老人,

My name is David,

我叫大卫,

and I'm 8 years old.

我8岁了。

I like to read and play outside with my friend Luke.

我喜欢和我的朋友卢克一起读书和在外边玩。

I would like a new bike for Christmas,

我圣诞节想要一辆新的自行车,

so I can bike to the park near my house.

这样我能骑车去我家附近的公园。

Thank you for all the good gifts you brought before.

谢谢您之前给我带来的所有精美礼物。

Merry Christmas!

圣诞快乐!

Love,

爱你的,

David

大卫

Mom: That is a very nice letter.

妈妈:这封信写得真不错。

Now, to get it to Santa,

现在,要把它给圣诞老人,

we have to put the letter in an envelope

我们得把信放进信封里,

Envelope的en既可以发 [en] 的音,也可以发 [ɑ:n]的音。

and lick the envelope shut.

舔舔信封,把它封上。

Child: Yuck. That doesn't taste good.

宝宝:啐。味道不太好。

Mom: Now, write Santa's address on the front of the envelope in the middle.

妈妈:现在,在信封正面的正中间写圣诞老人的地址。

His address is:

他的地址是:

Santa

123 Elf Road

North Pole, 88888

圣诞老人

精灵路123号

北极,88888

Child: Here?

宝宝:这里吗?

Mom: Yep. And add a stamp to the upper right-hand corner.

妈妈:嗯。然后右上角贴一个邮票。

Upper right-hand corner = top right-hand corner,两种说法都很常用,也可以去掉hand。

Child: Okay, now what?

宝宝:好的,现在呢?

Mom: Now we put the envelope in the mailbox

妈妈:现在咱们把信封放到信箱里,

and raise the red flag.

然后举起红色的旗子。

在美国,人们把家门口信箱上的小红旗竖起来,就说明里面有信需要邮递员取走。

You're all done!

好了!

Child: How long do I have to wait for my bike?

宝宝:我要等多久才能收到我的自行车呢?

Mom: Santa makes his deliveries every year on Christmas Eve,

妈妈:圣诞老人每年都在平安夜送东西,

which is December 24th.

也就是12月24号。

读24th的时候前面不用加the。

Child: Is that soon?

宝宝:很快吗?

Mom: It's very soon.

妈妈:很快。

But Santa only goes to the houses of good boys and girls.

但是圣诞老人只去乖宝宝的家里。

Have you been a good boy this year?

你今年乖吗?

Child: I sure hope so.

宝宝:我当然希望是这样了。